Thursday 11 June 2009

I have a shameful secret..

My name is Sophie and I am a fussy eater.

There.
I said it.

Alas, dear friends, it is true. I am and always have been very picky.
It's not that I don't try different foods - how can I not? I'm mixed race after all - but it just so happens that most of what I try I don't like.
I really, really hope I grow out of it, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath.
I mean, how can I write about food, photograph food, savour food, and love food when I don't like half of what I cook?
Remember those cute little spiced beef patties I made on Wednesday? Yeah, didn't eat them.
And the Italian beef stew that I waxed lyrical about? Didn't touch it.
Other things that make me ever so slightly green are:

-fish
-shellfish
-in fact, any seafood
-beef, bar the occasional burger or steak
-dried fruit and candied peel
-curries of any kind
-mushrooms
-lamb
-sausages
-bread & butter pudding
-charcuterie
-stew
-meatballs
-Middle Eastern spicing
-Indian spicing
-risotto
-celery & celeriac
-aubergine
-pork (except bacon, duhh)
-coconut
-lemongrass & lime leaves
-ravioli

Okay, let's stop there before you lose all faith and denounce me as a philistine and person of ill-repute, as this lady clearly does.


I thought I should own up before continuing with this BLOG OF LIES. I am so ashamed.
So next time you read about me fawning over some lovely fat, speckled sausaged that were delivered from the farm, you'll know I'm talking bs.
Oh dear, I really haven't thought this through..

How frankly atrocious of my tastebuds to betray me in this way!

7 comments:

  1. IN ANY EVENT, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY HAVING FUN. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAID EARLIER, YOU DO LIKE YOURSELF...AND THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT. WHAT SE ASIAN COUNTRY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Anyone over there not liking curry! I didn't know your type existed. I hate the stuff. And I started growing out of my food aversions when I was about 17. There's hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocking, eh?
    I mean, it is quite literally Britain's favourite dish, and I'm also part Indian which makes it even crazier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie this post made me laugh out loud! And slightly relieved to see that there is someone out there even more fussy than I...

    Totally with you on the shellfish though. Sent from the Devil.

    Who is that lady?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah :D
    The family tried to force feed me a mussel the other day >.>
    lol, it's just a random photo that I thought was hilarious - I just imagined everyone's expressions when they read this, and I thought she personified it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has the biggest nose in the world.

    ReplyDelete