Thursday 21 May 2009

At the moment..

So I feel I ought to apologise for not posting anything in what feels like weeks but is in actual fact two days.
I haven't been eating anything very interesting.
We did have a chicken dish which was thighs and drumsticks roasted, coated in a sort of Chinese BBQ sauce*, and roasted again. A beancurd, cucumber, beansprout and peanut salad was served alongside. I was planning to write about it because it tasted great but was in a slightly weird mood that day and decided that the photos were, frankly, rubbish. So I forgot about it. Sorry.

But anyway, I was half-heartedly surfing through youtube and stumbled across something called 'Cooking Coarse' (purposefully misspelt). It's a series of little lessons in methods of cooking, rather than actual recipes. I completely agree with his 'philosophy', and ended up watching about 15 of the videos today alone! So to understand what the heck I'm babbling about, I must implore you to check out the below video:




*soy sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, chinese vinegar, five spice powder, sweet dark soy sauce, salt + pepper seasoning (which includes five spice powder, ginger powder, salt and sugar)

No comments:

Post a Comment