Sunday 10 May 2009

Pizza night!


Ordinarily, mother doesn't view pizza as a proper meal, but I managed to convince her that it was a good idea. Usually I lack the patience to let the dough rise properly, roll it into thin, individual bases and leave again for a short while to rise (which is why in the past everyone's ended up with two gargantuan, doughy pizzas to share). Thank goodness I did it properly this time - the end result was a lovely crisp base. The oven, which is usually a sort of nemesis, was fantastic at cooking the individual bases to perfection when on at full blast. I also chucked in a few sausages since the family are dedicated carnivores and would miss the protein in an otherwise carb-rich meal.
The adults had spinach and sausage pizzas, the kids had theirs plain (apart from sister no.2, who is infatuated with onions in any form) with sausages on the side. I was thoroughly disgusting, and went slightly overboard with a vile - yet sooo delicious - topping of spinach, pineapple and jalapenos. I know, I know. But I enjoyed it ;D We ate it with a simple mixed-leaf salad with very finely sliced red onion. Unfortuently everyone ate their pizza with such gusto that I didn't have time to get a photo before it was demolished.

Tomorrow: something with lamb shanks.


P.S. you can find the pizza dough recipe
here. It specifies the use of a bread maker, but you can do everything by hand which is what I did.

2 comments:

  1. Let's see what you can do for stuffed pork chops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well everyone enjoyed and that is the main thing. Sounds lovely. I love making pizza

    ReplyDelete